This delicious salad is made with black-eyed peas and chopped vegetables tossed in a savory dressing. If you're looking to put black-eyed peas on your menu, give this dish a try! You'll love black-eyed peas!
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely seeded and chopped
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the vinaigrette. Toss together.
- Chill in the refrigerator 1-2 hours before serving. Overnight is best.
- Best served chilled.
- Let salad marinate several hours or overnight for flavors to fully develop.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: salad
- Method: chopping
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Black-eyed peas, salad, New Year's Day, healthy, diabetic, low carb, beans