Also called tacos de chorizo, this tasty chorizo taco recipe can be whipped up in a hot skillet in minutes for a quick and easy meal.
- 8 corn tortillas (6”)
- 4 links chorizo sausage, sliced lengthwise into quarters
- 1/2 cup sour cream, full fat
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 8 lime wedges from 1/2 lime
- Toast tortillas, one at a time, in a smoking hot cast iron skillet for 10 seconds on each side. Fold each in half and set aside. Cover with a cloth to keep warm.
- In the same hot skillet cook chorizo for 2-3 minutes. Turning every few seconds until charred and seared on all sides.
- Plate tortillas, chorizo and garnishes. Serve.
- Assemble taco by laying a couple of pieces of chorizo down the center of a tortilla. Garnish with a sprinkle of onion, a few slices of radish, a few sprigs of cilantro, a spoonful of sour cream and a squirt of lime juice.
Use a smoking hot cast iron skillet to give the tortillas a delicious char. You don’t need to cook them for long, 10 seconds on each side will do. To keep tortillas warm, stack them on a plate and cover with a cloth as you prepare each one.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Mexican, cinco de mayo, pork, chorizo, spicy, tacos, tortillas, gluten-free, diabetic, low-carb, we count carbs