The easiest way to cook spaghetti squash is to bake it whole. Just pop the whole thing into the oven and set a timer for 1 hour. You'll get tasty squash "spaghetti" every time!
1 spaghetti squash
- Place squash on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour at 400°F.
- Squash is done when it is easily pierced with a fork.
- Let cool to the touch. Trim off ends with a knife. Then cut down the middle crosswise (this will give you long “spaghetti” noodle strands). Use a spoon to scoop out and discard seeds and membrane.
- To serve, peel off skin and gently separate the “spaghetti” strands with a fork.
- Clean squash by rinsing and wiping it with a clean, dry cloth.
- You can cook multiple squashes at the same time.
- For spaghetti squash boats, cut squash in half lengthwise. These are perfect for stuffing or baking like a casserole.
- Normally squash takes about 30-45 minutes to bake, but because we are starting in a cold oven add 15 minutes to the total cook time. Just set it and forget it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: sides
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spaghetti squash, how to cook, baked, easy, low carb, keto, sides, vegetable