Cooking whole spaghetti squash in an Instant pot is easy and results in yummy squash noodles every time! No cutting or prepping!
- 1 spaghetti squash (8” in length or smaller, about 2-3 pounds for a 6 quart Instant Pot)
- 1 cup of water
- Place the steamer basket into the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Place squash on the steaming basket.
- Lock the lid, flip the steam release switch to Seal.
- Select Pressure Cook. Use the -/+ Time button to select 15 minutes (00:15).
- Press Keep Warm to turn off automatic Keep Warm setting.
- Press Start. The display shows On. The Instant Pot takes about 12-15 minutes to preheat and fully pressurize. You’ll see this when the float valve has visibly popped up above the surface of the lid.
- When done, the display shows End.
- Do not Vent. Allow the Instant Pot to fully depressurize. The float valve descends so that the top is flush with the lid. About 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid.
- Test the squash with a knife. The squash is done when a knife easily pierces the skin and flesh.
- Remove the squash from the Instant Pot. Use gloves or a kitchen towel to protect your hands while handling the squash.
- Let cool or cool under cold running water.
- Cut in half. Then cut into 4 rings. Remove the seeds and pulp with a spoon.
- Peel off skin.
- Use a fork or fingers to gently separate the spaghetti squash strands into long “noodles”.
- Serve with your favorite pasta seasonings or toppings. Enjoy!
- A 3 pound squash will yield about 4 cups of "noodles"
- If cooking for meal prep, leave the squash whole and store in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Instant pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant pot, pasta, substitute, low-carb, spaghetti squash, whole, noodles, keto, vegetable, vegetarian, vegan