Keto ground beef stroganoff is one of my favorite keto ground beef recipes. Fresh mushrooms and ground beef are simmered in a rich, savory sour cream sauce for comfort food your whole family will love!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 quart beef broth
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon base
- 4 ounces cream cheese, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and brown ground beef over medium high heat.
- Push beef to side of pan and melt butter. Add onions, mushrooms, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Season with salt, pepper, mustard powder, paprika, and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Add beef broth and beef bouillon base. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn off heat and stir in cream cheese until cheese completely melts and mixes into the sauce.
- Fold in sour cream and xanthan gum to thicken the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve over low-carb vegetables or noodles.
- Brown the ground beef for maximum flavor.
- Add the xanthan gum at the very end and don't over do it. It thickens sauces without heat.
- Add sour cream at the end, after turning off the heat, to keep the sauce from breaking.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner ideas
- Method: skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: keto, low carb, ground beef, stroganoff, dinner, meat, mushrooms, sour cream