These easy keto meatballs are baked in the oven and ready in under 30 minutes for a savory appetizer, main course, side dish or snack.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can use an oiled baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg, ground meat, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, garlic, onion and herbs. Knead ingredients together by hand or with a stand mixer.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion out meatball mixture. The scoop yields a 1/4 cup of meatball mixture and will measure out exactly 16 meatballs. Scoop meat into your hand and loosely form it into a ball shape.
- Arrange meatballs onto a baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs in a 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Avoid overcooking the meatballs. Overcooked meatballs become hard and dry quickly. Try cooking them for 15 minutes to start.
- You can make these meatballs ahead of time and eat them throughout the week or freeze them for later.
- You may use any ground meat that you like. If you use chicken, turkey or pork, you will need to add additional cook time.
- If you have an egg allergy, it is ok to skip the egg.
- Mix in grated raw onion. Don't use chopped onion or you’ll end up with crunchy, uncooked bits of onion in the meatballs. If you must use chopped onion, sauté or microwave it first.
- Use an ice cream scoop. It yields a 1/4 cup of meatball mixture and will measure out exactly 16 meatballs.
- To keep it low-carb and keto-friendly serve these over cooked spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: keto meatballs low carb gluten-free easy oven beef