This homemade salsa recipe is made with chunks of fresh juicy tomatoes, spicy jalapeños and scallions. Simply seasoned with vinegar and sea salt. This easy, tasty salsa is great as a dip or to add flavor to your favorite dishes.
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 sprig cilantro
- Chop. Finely chop onions or scallions and place in a bowl that can hold about 2 cups of salsa.
- Season. Add a splash of vinegar or lime juice and a generous pinch of salt.
- Stir. Mix well to combine.
- Chop. Finely chop jalapeño (or other type of chili pepper)
- Chop. Rough chop tomatoes and add to bowl. Give it another stir to mix all the ingredients together.
- Garnish. Use fingers to break up bits of fresh cilantro leaves over the salsa. You can skip this step if you aren't a fan of cilantro or don't have any handy.
- Serve! If you are counting carbs, 8-10 tortilla chips are approximately 15 grams of carbs. Enjoy your chips and salsa!
- Use any chili pepper you like. Serrano, jalapeño and habanero peppers are traditionally used.
- Use any onion that you like. Feel free to swap scallions with whatever you have - white or red onions or shallots.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: Mexican