Cook skirt steak perfectly every time with this easy skirt steak recipe. Top with delicious, homemade chimichurri sauce and enjoy! Happy cooking!
for the steaks
- 4 (6 ounce portions) skirt steaks, trimmed of silver skin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
for the chimichurri sauce
- 1 cup parsley tops, finely chopped by hand
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, mix together chimichurri sauce ingredients.
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and rub both sides with salt and pepper. Work in batches of 2 steaks at a time, instead of crowding the steaks into a pan. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium high heat. Sear steaks in hot skillet for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. If the steaks are thin sear for 2 minutes per side. If the steaks are thicker, sear for 3 minutes per side. Let rest on a cutting board for 3-5 minutes.
- Slice steaks against the grain. Plate and serve with chimichurri sauce on the side.
Be sure to open your windows and turn on your kitchen vent as it will get smoky. You can also sear the steaks outdoors over a hot grill.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Latin American
Keywords: low-carb, Ketogenic, beef, steak, Grain-Free, Dairy-free, Soy-Free, Sugar-Free, Dinner, Paleo