The best way to cook easy peel, perfect hard boil eggs in a normal pot is to use a steamer basket. Here’s the recipe for steamed hard boiled eggs.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup water for steaming
- 2 cups cold water plus 2 cups ice cubes for ice water bath
- Add a cup of water to a large pot.
- Add eggs to a steamer basket.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil, gently lower steamer basket into pot.
- Cover. Reduce heat to medium high.
- Steam eggs for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile add ice cubes to a large bowl of icy cold water.
- When the eggs are done cooking, use tongs to transfer eggs to ice water.
- Gently tap eggs and peel. The shells will slide right off!
- Eat immediately or leave the shells on to store in the fridge for later.
- There is no need to add vinegar or baking soda to soften the egg shell. The steam helps the egg shells peel right off.
- If you don't have ice, just run the eggs under cold tap water when finished cooking.
- When buying eggs check uncooked eggs for cracks before buying. If you find any raw cracked eggs after you get them home, throw them away.
- You can use fresh eggs. It is a myth that you need to use older eggs to make easy peel eggs.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: eggs
- Method: steam
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: eggs, steamed, hard boiled, easy peel, easy, low carb, keto, snack, breakfast, protein