Tulsi, also known as "Holy Basil", is a type of mint that is lovely when brewed into an infusion. Drink this beverage hot or cold, with or without your favorite sweetener.
- 2 quarts (8 cups) of water
- 1 handful of tulsi leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey or your favorite low-carb sweetener (optional)
- Place tulsi in a jar, teapot or mug.
- Pour hot (just simmered) water over them.
- Cover tightly.
- Let the herb steep between 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the strength you desire.
- Strain the herbs from the tea with a strainer.
Cover tightly to capture all aromatic compounds that rise in the steam.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-20 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Brew
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: tulsi, holy basil, mint, diabetic, low-carb, keto, healthy, herbal, tea, Ayurvedic