Microwave turkey bacon to easily cook up super crispy turkey bacon in just minutes! Perfect for a busy morning breakfast!
Carbs in turkey bacon - under 1g per slice
Turkey bacon vs pork bacon
You may prefer turkey bacon as an alternative to pork bacon, if you don't eat pork or want to avoid pork. It's also less messy to cook. It's a relatively grease free bacon.
Why cook turkey bacon in the microwave?
The microwave method is a simple way of cooking turkey bacon. Sometimes you just don't want to handle a hot frying pan or clean up bacon grease after you cook bacon. If you want to cook breakfast in a hotel, dormitory or office, and don't have a kitchen, microwaving is a great option.
This microwaved turkey bacon recipe is a quick and easy way to cook turkey bacon with minimal cleanup.
Turkey bacon is keto at .3g carbs per slice.
See the nutrition facts label in the recipe card below.
- turkey bacon strips 🥓
Turkey bacon is made of chopped turkey meat. Use turkey bacon with no brown sugar or added sugar, to avoid a rise in blood glucose. There is no need for cooking spray.
See recipe card for quantities.
- microwave oven
- microwave safe plate or microwave bacon tray
- paper towels
- tongs for handling hot bacon
- pork bacon
- vegan bacon
Serve turkey bacon with eggs for breakfast! Turkey bacon strips are also great as a salad topping.
Store leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheating is simple, just reheat in the microwave on 100% power for 15 seconds.
- Adjust cook time for desired crispiness.
- Use bacon with no sugar added.
Frequently asked questions
It will sizzle. Just open the microwave door and check to see if it looks hot and crispy. If not, add more time.
Yes. However, it is best when hot and crispy.
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- Place 4 slices of turkey bacon in a single layer on a paper towel lined microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high heat (100% power) for 2 minutes.
- Open microwave door and check to see if the bacon is done. It will sizzle and look crispy. If not, cook 1 minute at a time until it reaches desired doneness.
- Microwave ovens can vary, adjust cook times.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: microwave, turkey bacon, pork, keto, bacon, turkey, low carb, protein, breakfast