Hot and crispy zucchini fries are absolutely delicious! It's quick and easy to make zucchini fries at home with an air fryer. Just follow this wonderful recipe.
Carbs in air fryer zucchini fries - 12g net carbs
These are the best zucchini fries. The air fryer cooks them up light and super crispy.
This is a delicious recipe for air fryer zucchini fries. Flavorful and crispy with hot Parmesan cheese. They make a perfectly healthy appetizer, snack or side dish.
- Carbs in air fryer zucchini fries - 12g net carbs
- What seasoning goes well with zucchini?
- How to make zucchini fries
- How to prevent soggy air fryer zucchini fries
- Serving suggestions
- Top tips
- Frequently asked questions
- Air fryer zucchini fries recipe card
- Keto air fryer recipes
Zucchinis are the perfect vegetable for keto and low carb diets. They are low on the glycemic index, meaning that they have a low impact on blood glucose. They are mostly water, yet full of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
This recipe is vegetarian friendly.
This recipe contains breadcrumbs. Make it keto by substituting bread crumbs with crushed pork rinds.
See the nutrition facts label in the recipe card below.
- Parmesan cheese
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese is best.
- panko bread crumbs
- Italian seasoning
olive oil, avocado oil, cooking oil or cooking spray
See recipe card for quantities.
What seasoning goes well with zucchini?
Feel free to spice it up with your favorite seasonings. Here are just a few suggestions.
- garlic powder
- garlic salt
- onion powder
- chili powder
- cajun seasoning
- ranch seasoning
- Italian seasoning
- taco seasoning
- All thin skinned summer squash are good substitutes for zucchini. Try Mexican squash (grey squash), yellow squash or yellow zucchini.
- Italian breadcrumbs instead of panko crumbs.
- Make it keto by substituting bread crumbs with crushed pork rinds
- Make it vegetarian keto by substituting bread crumbs with almond flour or coconut flour.
Using an air fryer is a great way to cook extra crispy, deep fried foods with less oil. Cook time can vary between air fryers.
- air fryer oven
How to make zucchini fries
Step 1: Cut the zucchini into sticks about a ½ inch thick and 3 inches long.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, toss zucchini sticks with oil and seasonings.
Step 3: Beat egg in a shallow bowl. Use a fork or whisk.
Step 4: Combine panko crumbs with Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl.
Step 5: Dip zucchini in egg wash.
Step 6: Dredge in panko mixture.
Step 7: Arrange in air fryer basket, leaving space between fries for hot air to circulate.
Step 8: Air fry at 400°F for 10 minutes. Transfer to plate with tongs to protect hands. Serve hot.
How to prevent soggy air fryer zucchini fries
Work in batches to prevent soggy zucchini. Cook air fryer zucchini fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Leave a little space between fries, don't crowd them. As the zucchini cooks, water in the zucchini steams and escapes, leaving crispy fries.
Soggy fries are caused by water getting trapped between the fries, causing them to steam and become soggy.
Serve with a dipping sauce of ranch dressing, garlic aioli or marinara sauce. Or just a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. I like mine dipped in cool sour cream with fresh herbs.
Leftover zucchini fries can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat by air frying for 1 minute.
- Use tongs to handle hot zucchini fries
Frequently asked questions
Don't crowd them. Leave enough room between fries for hot air to circulate. The water in the zucchini evaporates as it cooks. If the fries are touching, then this water gets trapped and steams the zucchini, making it soggy.
10 minutes is enough time to fry zucchini squash.
No. You can eat the tender zucchini skin. Just wash it first.
Air fryer zucchini fries recipe card
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 zucchini 1x
- Diet: Diabetic
- 1 medium zucchini (about 2 cups sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the zucchini into sticks about ½ inch thick and 3 inches long.
- Toss zucchini sticks in a bowl with oil and seasonings.
- Beat egg in a shallow bowl.
- Combine Panko crumbs with Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl.
- Dip zucchini sticks in egg wash, then dredge zucchini in Panko crumb mixture.
- Place zucchini fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Repeat until all zucchini fries are cooked.
- To prevent soggy zucchini, leave a little space in between each fry so that they are not touching each other.
- Cook in 2-3 batches.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: air fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer, zucchini, summer squash, squash, keto, low carb, vegetables, appetizer
Leave a Reply